After a cold winter, when nature takes a break and leaves the rain and the frost doing its job while everything else sleeps, a new peaceful moment is about to start. It’s finally spring!! Green everywhere, blooming, amazing scents, colourful gardens… Everything is so perfect and harmonious! Nothing beats spring, the blooming season!
Why do I love to photograph flowers and plants?
Flowers and Plants make me so happy, I feel calm and in peace every time I’m surrounded by nature, but what I like the most is to get my camera, my wellies and go through woods and over the hills to find these beauties!
I usually have a clear idea of what I’d like to photograph when I start my day, keeping my eyes out for colours, perfect light and colourful textures. I tend to focus on flowers and leaves, I love the intricacy of petals, and how many details there are when you get very close to them.
I’m very curious to discover new types of flowers and plants every time I go out, they’re so unique and singular so I can be creative with my photos. As said, spring, the blooming season, offers a lot of different flowers and plants to play with!
- Use primes lenses like 50mm 1.8 aperture, 70mm and better if macro lenses.
- Put your aperture to the minimum value of your lens. The lower the better, it will give you bokeh and a nice blurry background.
- Clean your lens before shooting, always, always and always!
- Make sure to put your subject in focus!! Very important for close up shots.
- Check your white balance, every time the weather changes.
- And last but not least, have your camera set to manual to be able to do everything I just said!
- Instagram: VALENTINA GREEN
- My photography shop: PHOTOGRAPHY SHOP
- My Wellbeing shop: WELLBEING SHOP
- Contact me page: CONTACT ME
Playing with the lines for my composition
My Blooming Gallery